Friday 30 November 2012

Good Things Come In Threes...

...so you may be asking why Blam Jam has survived for three years of
soulful Sundays at CSR FM?


Nah, seriously I'll be marking the occasion on Sunday with a special show
full of surprises and the good news is I'll be keeping my gob closed for

the best part of it.

In the first hour there's a much bigger and more commendable milestone
to be celebrating, that being the fortieth anniversary of the Philadelphia
International record label, and I'll be spinning 40 years of their tunes
over 40 minutes.


And to give a taster of what to expect, how about the legend
that is Lou Rawls?



If that's not enough, after 7pm I'll be bringing an hour of a

music genre that I love and without it, there wouldn't be
any soul, hip hop, not even a crazy clubbing culture.

That being jazz, in a special audio concoction I've put together
called "The Jazz Dial".

You'll be hearing from many underrated masters of the genre
from the likes of Carmen Lundy, Peggy Lee and Gregory Porter,

as well as a few off-beat offerings from Quantic, Lisa Stansfield
and even Bryan Ferry who gives his Roxy Music compositions
the dixieland treatment.

I have to admit, I was in stitches when I heard this version
of "Do The Strand", although it's actually really well arranged.




Make it a date this Sunday at 6, and I'll even provide party bags.

www.csrfm.com

No comments:

Post a Comment